Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Farewell to the Weekend

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

As a farewell to the long weekend, I thought I would make a nice dinner on Monday night. I was tossing around the idea of grilled steak filets with a veggie or potato on the side. I asked Eric what he thought, and he suggested a Thai steak salad that I had made a few weeks before. I thought it was a perfect idea - a good combination of hearty and healthy, with a lean piece of beef on a bed of fresh greens.

I chose a flank steak for the salad because of its lower fat content and because it's a good cut of meat for grilling and slicing. Marinated in lime juice, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, sugar and red chili flakes, I grilled the steak to a medium rare and allowed it to rest about ten minutes while assembling the salads. I added ribboned carrots, bean sprouts, mint and chopped peanuts to the mix and dressed the salads with the unused marinade. The result was delicious, and I didn't feel like I was going to pop after eating. That, of course, means I had extra room for dessert - but that's another post for another day.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flank Steak! Great idea! much better than the fatty rib eye..ew!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home