Monday, September 04, 2006

Laborless Day

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It was indescribably nice to be able to wake up at a leisurely hour this Monday morning and not have to trudge to work. Today will entail some grocery shopping, tart making and plenty of TV watching. Three day weekends should become mandatory.

I woke up before Eric this morning and remembered something he'd said last night about wanting pancakes for breakfast. I pulled out my trusty Joy of Cooking and looked up the buttermilk pancake recipe: flour, baking powder, baking soda, a teaspoon of sugar, buttermilk, an egg and some melted butter. Easy enough, but I wanted to make them even tastier. I took stock of what we have on hand and I decided on cinnamon pecan pancakes. I also added a bit more sugar and some vanilla, just to bring out the sweetness in them a bit more.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Eric woke up just in time to be dubbed the official pancake flipper, as his flipping skills are superior to mine. A cup of jasmine tea, a stack of pancakes and an episode of Nip/Tuck later, I am fully ready to start my laborless day.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home