Monday, August 28, 2006

Delicious Alliteration

There has been a large bundle of Italian flat leafed parsley hanging out in my refrigerator for well over a week. I found that if you clip the stems and stick the bundle in a glass of water, it will last for weeks. I was tired of looking at it, so I thought I could make a batch of parsley pesto to get rid of the huge boquet that was taking entirely too much space. I combined parsley leaves, grated parmesan cheese, garlic and pecans in the food processor and slowly added olive oil. The result was a beautiful, vibrant green.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

While I was making the pesto, I had a meatloaf and roasted potatoes cooking in the oven for our Sunday dinner. I asked Eric if he wanted to have some pesto with his potatoes, and he asked what was in it, and I listed off all of the ingredients. "Parsley, parmesan and pecans with potatoes?", he repeated back to me. "Right," I said, "Parsley pesto made with parmesan and pecans, served with potatoes - it looks like we're having alliteration for dinner."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home