Thursday, October 12, 2006

Orange Nut Squares with Chocolate

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I always try to keep something sweet around the house for Eric. Often times, about 20 minutes after dinner, he'll say, "I want something sweet", and for breakfast, I think he would take sweet over savory anyday. Of course, my sweet tooth is equally as ravenous.

Yesterday at lunch, I was watching one of my many Tivo'ed cooking shows, Everyday Italian, and I saw a dessert that was super easy and was something that we could keep around the house for when his (and my) raging sweet tooth rears its head. They're called Orange Nut Squares with Chocolate, and they're incrediby easy to make.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Pat out a double batch of sugar cookie dough into a jellyroll pan and bake it at 350 for about 25 minutes. Once the cookie has cooled, spread your favorite jam/preserves/marmelade over the top, sprinkle with your favorite nuts and then drizzle it with some melted chocolate. Slice them into bite sized squares and - voila! - yummy sweet snacks for the next few days.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had just copied this recipe from Foodnetwork before checking your blog! Raspberry would be good too.

Mommuh

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home