Sunday, October 01, 2006

Delicious Alliteration - The Sequel

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

For last Sunday's dinner, I thought I would take advantage of Ozark Natural Foods' wide array of unique produce for our side dish. Although a bit pricey, ONF's produce seems of the highest quality and everything's organic - some of it's even locally grown. I skimmed past the bizarre looking radishes and the baby bok choy, only to come upon some of the oddest (and honestly, ugliest) produce there - locally grown purple fingerling potatoes. I picked a few out of the pile and decided to buy a few regular purple potatoes, as well, just for variety. A bag of parsnips and a trip through the express lane later, I was on my way home to cook dinner.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I sliced the potatoes and peeled parsnips in large chunks and tossed them with some olive oil, thyme and salt and pepper, put them in a roasting pan and put them in the oven until they were a nice golden brown. The result was delicious alliteration, the sequel: purple potatoes and parsnips, the perfect accompaniment to Sunday night's dinner.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home