Friday, September 29, 2006

Dinner Party

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A few Saturdays ago, Eric and I hosted a dinner party at our house. Our friend Karen had suggested that we ladies cook dinner for our hard working men, while I give them a few pointers in the kitchen. So we did.

I spent a significant amount of time planning the menu, wanting to make sure that all the bases were covered - meat, grain and vegetable - and that nothing was too terribly complicated; I didn't want the poor girls covered in flour and slaving away at 9:30 at night, calling out, "I promise guys, we're almost ready!" I decided on Chicken with Forty Cloves of Garlic (a Provençal classic), Couscous with Currants and Pignoli, a Waldorf Salad and for dessert, Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge Cake. I drew up shopping lists for each of the girls and wished them luck on finding their items.

Saturday rolled around and friends started arriving. Guests for the evening were Todd and Sarah, Cory and Karen and Tim and Cathy. While the guys sat outside on the porch, we ladies were cooking away in the kitchen. It was really fun giving the girls pointers and I felt that they were actually interested in what I had to allow. A few hours later, we were finally ready to sit down to dinner. Everything was delicious and I was so grateful to the ladies for helping out! And as my dad always says, "It was so nice to have all our feet under the same table." We will have to do it again.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thanks for the pictures, Sarah!





2 Comments:

Blogger mary grimm said...

I love the mix of tablecloths--I do the same thing myself.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Do you? I think it adds a lot more character to the table. I've collected some really cute vintage tablecloths lately - Ebay has a TON!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home